Monday 5 February 2018

ValenTangle 2018: Day 5

Today's challenge is to create a ZenButton, featuring hearts. A zen button is simply a string of three concentric circles, with each of the two outer bands split into squares and triangles, then filled with tangles. Shading is then used to give a rounded 3D effect.
This is my first button, and it took me a while to decide which tangles to use. In the end I went with Dekore in the centre, then a combination of hearts, Well, and YewDee in the bands. I stuck with renaissance colours - red, brown and sepia microns on a tan tile, with graphite and white charcoal to shade. Finally a touch of white gelly roll to give the hearts a highlight. As always with renaissance tiles I found that it didn't really come together until the final white shading, but I was pleased with the end result.


No comments:

Post a Comment