Friday 23 February 2018

ONE Focus: Elven

Another 'linking' tangle for this week's focus - Elven, by Elena Hadzijaneva. For some reason I found this slightly more difficult than Skye. There are several ways to construct it, and I think I kept switching between them, and losing track of the threads. I love how it looks though, so I'd like to try it again and get into a better rhythm. It was particularly difficult making each thread appear underneath the others, so I'll avoid that next time! 



Had another couple of goes with Elven, using the 'Wholly Hollibaugh' technique of 'cutting holes' in parts of the tangle to reveal the tangles underneath. 

Elven (with Wholly Hollibaugh technique), Shattuck, Ambler and Tipple. Tan tile, renaissance colour


Elven (with Wholly Hollibaugh technique) with Hibred, Shattuck and Therefore on a white tile. 


No comments:

Post a Comment