Sunday 18 March 2018

Official tangle project

I often find that my mind goes blank when I start a new tile, and I fall back on old favourites like Flux and Mooka. So I thought I'd start a project to create Bijou-sized tiles (2"x2"), each with a simple example of a tangle to use as a quick reference. To start with I wanted to do all the 'official' Zentangle tangles, as there are quite a few I haven't tried yet. Then I'll move on to unofficial ones I've tried and particularly liked.

It's only taken about a week, and I've done 125 official tangles! There are online stepouts for 107 (listed on Linda Farmer's Tangle Patterns website) and the remainder are in my 'One Zentangle a Day' book. There are 167 official tangles currently, but there are quite a few that don't have online instructions. Anyway, here are the first 107 I completed. I'll post a better picture when I've organised them properly. It looks like they'll fit nicely into the plastic wallets used for coin collections and photographic transparencies!


UPDATE: I've added a page to the blog with better photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment