Thursday 22 March 2018

More randomness

Here are another couple of goes with using dice to select four official tangles, and using random strings from the Tangle Patterns website.

In this set I think I got quite a good selection - a mixture of 'big' tangles, ribbon tangles and background fills. I've never been fond of Ambler, but I used it here to follow the string line. I started with three curved sections, then drew Rumpus 'underneath' those. Then I alternated the second (top) two Ambler sections with a bit more of Rumpus so it appears to weave in and out. Weighting the Ambler pattern made it a bit more interesting. Then I added Indyrella, and finally Florz as a background. Shading gave the patterns more depth.


The next set of four random tangles were a bit more tricky. I was happy with Noom as a ribbon, and Drawings as a big shape underneath, but Waybop made it a bit too fussy in my opinion (and I don't think the aura-ing worked very well) and again, Vitruvius (nested squares and circles) was too fussy as a background. Not a disaster, but not my favourite tile, and a good exercise in persisting and sticking to the 'rules of the game'!

No comments:

Post a Comment