Monday 26 March 2018

Diva Challenge #357: Paradox monotangle

When I saw the subject for Laura Harms' weekly challenge (#357) I just had to give it a go - Paradox has to be one of my favourites! I decided to keep it simple - blue micron on a pre-strung Zendala tile, shaded with blue prismacolour pencil, and some rounding. I left a few areas unfilled, but thought it looked unfinished so filled them in with black for a striking look. Too striking unfortunately! So I coloured over the black with silver gelly roll, but that didn't work either. Finally managed to colour over that with midnight blue gelly roll, which I was happy with! Finished off with white perfs in the blue filled areas, and gold perfs around the edge. I find it amazing that a series of slightly curved lines can end up as such a complex pattern - probably why I love Paradox so much! 


10 comments:

  1. Just lovely....the blue is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "rescue" ended up being very effective and the "spaces" give the composition a lot of depth. I agree with you. Paradox is one of my favorite tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! And, well done with that black!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No-one would ever have guessed you had so much trouble with the dark blue. It all looks as if it belongs together. This just looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exquisite!! I love how you kept at it... and made your "boo-boos" work for you! Looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete