Thursday 19 April 2018

Diva's Weekly Challenge #360: Shattuck vs Tripoli

When I saw that this week's Diva Challenge #360 was a duotangle of Shattuck and Tripoli I had to get stuck in! Shattuck is one of my all time favourites, but I don't often use Tripoli. I quickly decided I wanted to use Shattuck as a string, or reticula, and fill the sections with more Shattuck and Tripoli. I started the tile on Monday, but didn't get very far, then work got in the way mid-week! Finally had time to finish it on Thursday evening. I think I was avoiding it slightly, as I wasn't too keen on how it was looking, but I trusted the process and once the shading was added I was much happier - as always! I've been avoiding looking at all the other challenge entries until now, as I didn't want to be influenced by anyone else, so I'm looking forward to catching up now! No doubt I'll pick up some great ideas for future tangling :-)


10 comments:

  1. Okay. This is amazing! Truly integrated ... so well drawn and an overall WOW factor. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful work with wonderful shadow and depth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love how you played with the fills of Tripoli.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ingenious!!! This is fabulous!! Love it!! It's one of those.... "now why didn't I think of that!!" .... now I'm going to have to try it!!! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also just one word from me: WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete