Monday 9 April 2018

Diva's Weekly Challenge #358: PickPocket

This week's Diva's Weekly Challenge ~358 is to use the lovely new tangle Pickpocket, by Tomas Padros. As Tomas himself says, it's a bit difficult to start with, and it's true that it does take a bit more concentration than some other tangles, but it's definitely worth persevering! It reminds me of a grid-based Elven in looks, but also has a bit of Huggins about it's construction. After a few practice attempts in my sketchbook I 'splashed out' on an official Zentangle tile, pairing it with this week's 'Square One: Purely Zentangle' focus, Shard (by Carole Ohl). The triangles that are part of Pickpocket reminded me of the starting point for Shard, so I figured it would make a good border. I started to go a bit 'wrong' at the interface between Pickpocket and the Shard border, so I had to quickly remind myself that there are no mistakes in Zentangle, and to just go with the flow. If it doesn't quite look like a 'ribbon' wrapped around something then that's just fine - it is non-representational, after all! So I ended up with something I'm happy with - and it may just be because we've just finished watching the films again, but I keep thinking 'Lord of the Rings' when I look at this tile!

No comments:

Post a Comment